Travel Club Event.
Join Mogens Johansen, Travel Lead Photographer, as he teaches you how to get the best out of your camera
Limited to 18 people. Please bring your own camera.
Mogens has developed a half-day course that will teach you how to get the best out of your camera, how to use different modes and setting as well as professional tips on lens selection and composition. Mogens Johansen is a professional photographer with over 30 years’ experience.
• How to choose the camera that best suits your needs
• Sensor size versus Megapixels
• Understanding exposure - shutter speeds, aperture and ISO
• Setting up your camera
• Choosing the best mode to use
• Choosing the best autofocus mode or manual focus setting
• Choosing the best light metering setting
• Shooting RAW versus JPEG
• Choosing the right lens – wide angle v telephoto
• Understanding the common rules of composition
• The floor is open - Q&A
Modern complex digital cameras are boxes full of tricks.
And how many of us really know to get the most of them?
(How many of us really know ALL they can do?)
Mogens Johansen has the answers.
In this tutorial, our Travel Lead Photographer will flick cameras off the Auto setting, dig deep into the menu and help guests to take control.
In doing this, he is sharing more than 30 years of professional photography.
WHAT MOGENS WILL COVER …
• Choosing a camera with the features you need
• Setting up a camera for best performance
• All about exposure - shutter speeds, aperture and ISO
• Getting the metering right
• Understanding and applying modes
• Finding strong composition
• All your questions answered
You’ve got the interest. You’ve got the camera. You’ve got that travelled booked.
Lets get the best from it.
Seven West Media (WA)
50 Hasler Road
Osborne Park WA 6017
Osborne Park (Walters Drive, Hasler Road, Teakle Street, Gould Street, Parkland Road)
Free parking on Saturday and Sunday
You may also like
Travel Story: Meet the Perth man who's cycling 80,000km around the world
Mark Gresser plans to cycle the length of the world’s six permanently settled continents. But what's driving his incredible adventure?
Arrivals & Departures: Stephen Scourfield's top 10 destinations in Asia
Our Travel Editor paints a portrait of 10 destinations offering the diverse flavours of Asia.
Arrivals & Departures: Native produce on the menu at first Taste of Kakadu festival
Forage for bush foods and dine on native ingredients at the first A Taste of Kakadu festival, from May 12-21.