West Travel Club
There are few settings in Australia as conducive to the creation of beautiful photographs and travel writing as New Norcia.
Join Stephen Scourfield, Mogens Johansen and William Yeoman in this unique Wheatbelt monastic town for a weekend of intensive photographic and writing workshops and activities, as together we hone our skills and share our love of travel and story.
To make a booking, please contact us at: email@example.com or by calling us on 1800 429 000.
To book for this event, please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 429 000.
There are few settings in Australia as conducive to the creation of beautiful photographs and travel writing as New Norcia. Join Stephen Scourfield, Mogens Johansen and William Yeoman in this unique Wheatbelt monastic town for a weekend of intensive photographic and writing workshops and activities, as together we hone our skills and share our love of travel and story.
Saturday 10am - Sunday 1pm - Hosted by Stephen Scourfield, Will Yeoman & Mogens Johansen.
- Guests travel to New Norcia themselves
- Approx. 1hr 15mins north of Midland on Great Northern Highway
- 9.30am onwards: Guests Arrive
- 10am: Welcome, Briefing, Event Start/Morning Tea
- 10.30am-12.30pm: Concurrent Photography and Writing Sessions
- 12.30pm-1.30pm: Light (sandwich) Lunch
- 1.30pm-3pm: Concurrent Photography and Writing Sessions
- 3pm-3.30pm: Afternoon Tea
- 3.30pm-5pm: Concurrent Photography and Writing Sessions
- 5pm-7pm: Free time or Late Light Photowalk
- 7pm-9pm: Dinner
- 9pm onwards: Astro Photography or Travel Reading – a book at bedtime
- 5.45am onwards: Tea and Coffee Available
- 6am-7.30am: Early Light Photowalk (Sunrise about 6.15am)
- 7.30am-9am: Breakfast
- 9am-10.30am: Concurrent Photography and Writing Sessions
- 10.30am-11am: Morning Tea
- 11am-12.30pm: Concurrent Photography and Writing Sessions
- 12.30pm: Wrap-up and Farewell
- 1pm: All Guests Depart
PRICE & COSTING: ranging from $375-$395 pp
- Travel Writing & Photography Sessions
- Morning Tea (Sat & Sun)
- 3 x Course Lunch (Sat)
- Afternoon tea (Sat)
- 2 x Course Dinner (Sat)
- Breakfast (Sun)
PHOTOGRAPHY SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- Late Light Photowalk
- Early Light Photowalk
- Architectural Photowalk
- Portrait Photography
- Astro Photography
WRITING SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- Overview: What is travel writing and why would I want to do it?
- Content: How do I start? Brainstorming, researching (including actual travel!!!) and planning subjects, themes and topics
- Form: How do I structure my story? Finding the right shape for your subject
- Style: How do I make it sing? Finding the right voice and atmosphere for your story and its audience (with Stephen Scourfield)
- A (Travel) Book at Bedtime – readings of the work of the best travel writers
- Sharing: Writing and reading challenge
ACCOMMODATION & PRICE OPTIONS:
Accommodation in The Guesthouse (Sat). All rooms have single beds with the Twinshare rooms having 2 single beds.
- Twinshare with ensuite = $395pp
- Single Room (shared bathroom) = $375
If you would like to book this event, please email us at: email@example.com or call 1800 429 000.
New Norcia WA 6509
There is parking available onsite
You may also like
The Travel Club Show : Singapore welcomes Halloween Horror Nights
"Every few seconds I can hear a scream coming from within the house and the occasional terrified laugh. Sweat is running down my face. Is it the humidity or am I really that scared?"
Arrivals & Departures: What's on around WA over the Labour Day long weekend
Using the public holiday to head off on a short break? If you'll be out and about around WA, there's plenty happening in our State's regional areas...
Our World: Singapore sampler: Haute to hawker taste test
Star spotting in the Lion City entails trying out several of the Michelin-starred restaurants.