This round-the-world tour offers the kind of ultra-luxury travel experience most of us can only dream about.
Maybe you're looking for a super-special trip to celebrate a big occasion. Maybe you're planning to win the big New Year's Eve Lotto draw. Maybe you're just lucky enough to have a spare 80 grand rattling around in your bank account.
Regardless, Crystal AirCruises' lavish Holidays Around the World journey promises to be the last word in ultra-luxury travel.
Travelling round-trip from Los Angeles by private jet over 16 days from December 22, 2017, the itinerary includes two and three-night stays in Bora Bora, Queenstown/Christchurch in New Zealand, Sydney, Jaipur in India and Abu Dhabi.
Guests can choose from multiple activities in each city to customise their trip. Some options include:
- An exclusive holiday dinner, helicopter trips and world-class cuisine in Bora Bora.
- In New Zealand, a reception at Kawarau Bridge Bungy Centre, a chance to explore Fiordland National Park by helicopter and four-wheel-drive, and a culinary masterclass in the Central Otago Wine Region.
- In Sydney, a New Year's Eve soiree and fireworks over the Harbour Bridge.
- In Jaipur, a full day at the Taj Mahal and cultural experiences including sunrise yoga and a Hindu art ceremony.
- In Abu Dhabi, a Formula 1 racing experience at Yas Marina, a visit to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and an exclusive Bedouin camp dinner reception.
Accommodation is suitably plush: the Montage Beverley Hills in LA, the Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort and Spa (which is set to reopen following an extensive refurbishment in March), Queenstown's Hotel St Moritz, Sydney's Sheraton on the Park, the Oberoi Rajvilas in Jaipur and the seven-star Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi.
Travel is on a Boeing 777 which Crystal says is the biggest and newest privately owned luxury tour jet in the world. It has separate dining and socialising areas, including a stand-up bar and a cellar with more than 300 vintages.
Guests travel in fully reclining Crystal Executive Class flatbed seats and enjoy food prepared by an in-flight chef, on-demand in-flight entertainment, wi-fi, the services of the team of Crystal Skye Butlers and amenities including Bose noise-cancelling headphones and iPads.
The trip costs from $78,600 per guest.
Crystal also has a number of other private jet journeys, starting with the 27-day The Peninsula Grand Inaugural Crystal AirCruise, departing round-trip from New York City from August 31.
(Top picture: An artist's impression of Crystal's private jet. Picture courtesy of Crystal Cruises.)
- See crystalcruises.com/aircruises for more.
You may also like
Seaside sunshine dapples ‘Naples of the North’
Like many of England’s coastal towns, Morecambe boomed from the Victorian age to the 1950s and 60s, with the railway bringing mill workers on breaks from Yorkshire and Scotland (Lancashire workers tended to go to Blackpool).
Man’s best friend
He’s the star of a sad true story that’s moved Japanese people for nearly a century. Now Japan’s most famous dog is set to gain fans from around the world, thanks to the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
Region is ready for floods of visitors
East Kimberley tourism operators are looking forward to their first big payday in 18 months with the start of the 2021 season.