This round-the-world tour offers the kind of ultra-luxury travel experience most of us can only dream about.
Maybe you're looking for a super-special trip to celebrate a big occasion. Maybe you're planning to win the big New Year's Eve Lotto draw. Maybe you're just lucky enough to have a spare 80 grand rattling around in your bank account.
Regardless, Crystal AirCruises' lavish Holidays Around the World journey promises to be the last word in ultra-luxury travel.
Travelling round-trip from Los Angeles by private jet over 16 days from December 22, 2017, the itinerary includes two and three-night stays in Bora Bora, Queenstown/Christchurch in New Zealand, Sydney, Jaipur in India and Abu Dhabi.
Guests can choose from multiple activities in each city to customise their trip. Some options include:
- An exclusive holiday dinner, helicopter trips and world-class cuisine in Bora Bora.
- In New Zealand, a reception at Kawarau Bridge Bungy Centre, a chance to explore Fiordland National Park by helicopter and four-wheel-drive, and a culinary masterclass in the Central Otago Wine Region.
- In Sydney, a New Year's Eve soiree and fireworks over the Harbour Bridge.
- In Jaipur, a full day at the Taj Mahal and cultural experiences including sunrise yoga and a Hindu art ceremony.
- In Abu Dhabi, a Formula 1 racing experience at Yas Marina, a visit to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and an exclusive Bedouin camp dinner reception.
Accommodation is suitably plush: the Montage Beverley Hills in LA, the Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort and Spa (which is set to reopen following an extensive refurbishment in March), Queenstown's Hotel St Moritz, Sydney's Sheraton on the Park, the Oberoi Rajvilas in Jaipur and the seven-star Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi.
Travel is on a Boeing 777 which Crystal says is the biggest and newest privately owned luxury tour jet in the world. It has separate dining and socialising areas, including a stand-up bar and a cellar with more than 300 vintages.
Guests travel in fully reclining Crystal Executive Class flatbed seats and enjoy food prepared by an in-flight chef, on-demand in-flight entertainment, wi-fi, the services of the team of Crystal Skye Butlers and amenities including Bose noise-cancelling headphones and iPads.
The trip costs from $78,600 per guest.
Crystal also has a number of other private jet journeys, starting with the 27-day The Peninsula Grand Inaugural Crystal AirCruise, departing round-trip from New York City from August 31.
(Top picture: An artist's impression of Crystal's private jet. Picture courtesy of Crystal Cruises.)
- See crystalcruises.com/aircruises for more.
You may also like
Arrivals & Departures: The new breed of backpackers
The hostel traveller has evolved, writes STEPHEN SCOURFIELD. And that’s official....
Arrivals & Departures: Qatar Airways big winners in 2019 World Airline Awards
Qatar, Singapore and AirAsia airlines were the big winners at this year's World Airline Awards.
Arrivals & Departures: Sky's the limit for AirAsia X with new Airbus A330neo
A world of comfort awaits passengers flying on one of Air Asia's "revolutionary" additions to its fleet: the quiet, spacious, fuel-efficient Airbus A330neo.