Save for your next holiday by booking a place at West Travel Club’s Big Travel Quiz Night.
Think you know a lot about the world?
Well, you can apply your knowledge and get a great start towards saving for your next holiday by booking a place at The Big Travel Quiz Night which is on again with $9000 worth of Flight Centre vouchers to be won.
Go to West Travel Club Events to book your $25 ticket.
You can bring a team or join a mixed table — either organise friends to make up one of our tables of 10 or, perhaps, come as a couple and join eight others on a table to make up a team.
We have put the booking details in West Travel Club Events and some readers have already found it and booked tables, so I suggest you get in quick.
HERE’S THE LOWDOWN
Jeans and jumpers, three rounds each of 15 questions, and a couple of fun games, too. We’re writing the questions, and some will be based on stories published in Travel on Saturday and Thursday Travel between now and the night.
It’s $25 a ticket, team tables of 10, a good platter from us, pay bar for you ... and heaps of fun.
Yep, the BIG Travel Quiz Night is going to be a low-key sort of evening, when we can dig into our travel knowledge and experiences, and just have a bit of fun.
Our MC is ... Travel Editor Stephen Scourfield, guiding everyone through the evening.
Our Quizmasters are... Long-time Travel team stalwart, writer, photographer and presenter Niall McIlroy. And former foreign editor of The West Australian, travel writer, author, editor and rather suave erudite raconteur Patrick Cornish.
You can buy quiz questions in a box — but we’re not. For a start, that’d be too easy! And many of them will be based on stories that appear in Travel — you the more your read the editions each Thursday and Saturday, the better your chances of winning. winnng!
How the evening will go:
Dress code: Does it sound silly starting with this? Well, it’s not. This is a casual, fun evening and we don’t want our guests wearing ball gowns, boas and sparkly bits. Dress down, feel comfortable — relax and have fun.
Where and when:
- The Claremont Football Club function centre, 3 Davies Road, Claremont.
- Thursday, March 14. Arrive from 6.30pm, start at 7pm, finish at 9.30pm. (It’s a “school night”, after all.)
- Our friends at Flight Centre have put up $9000 in prizes.
- The winning team table of 10 will each receive a $400 travel voucher — $4000 for the table.
- The team placed second will each receive a $200 voucher — $2000 for the table.
- The third team will each receive a $100 voucher — $1000 for the table.
- And there will ’ll be 20 spot prizes of $100 vouchers — a total of $2000.
You can use the travel vouchers towards your next holiday booked with Flight Centre — and $400 makes a pretty good hole in its cheap airfares to Europe these days. Flight Centre, our presenting partner, has such a massive range of travel options that there’s something for everyone, as you will know by visiting one of its stores, flightcentre.com.au or phoning 133 133.
- Three rounds each of 15 questions.
- There will be a couple of fun games, too, and time to meet the team and chat.
- We have a “Dead Ringer” policy. If anyone in a team even looks at their mobile phone, the whole team will be deemed dead and gone.
Tables for our last quiz night booked fast, so visit westtravelclub.com.au/event.
You may also like
Audio: Free Range Podcast: Margaret River Farmers' Market
Join WILLIAM YEOMAN as he talks to three regular vendors at the popular Saturday Margaret River Farmers' Market, soaks up the atmosphere and samples some delicious food.
Photography: Shooting for the stars
MOGENS JOHANSEN is always looking skywards. And here he gives practical tips on capturing that scene, at night.
Photography: Wing it without a prayer
Keen birders and photographers won't want to miss the forthcoming Birdlife Photography Conference in Fremantle, writes MOGENS JOHANSEN.